AUTEM: PROFIBUS® -Tester V4
Test of bus physics & communication with only one
Fault localization in fieldbus networks
Areas of Application
- Installation, commissioning and inspection
- Troubleshooting and field device testing
- Analysing sporadic errors
- Optimization and protocol analysis
- Preventive maintenance, service
- Documentation and acceptance testing
The PROFIBUS-Tester V4 allows full testing of live PROFIBUS segments with minimum influence on their operation. The tool reliably detects even transient faults that occur only sporadically. The integrated master simulator allows bus testing, even if the PLC is currently not in operation. Also single "suspicious" bus devices can be checked.
- Analysis of bus physics & communication simultaneously
- Quick test / Long-term test
- Long-term trend
- Live-Status of all bus devices
- Telegram analysis
- Oszillogram analysis
- Master simulator, Trigger input/output
The PROFIBUS-Tester V4 can be connected to a PC/notebook or run in stand-alone mode. The included software "PROFIBUS Diagnostics Suite" allows the visualising and detailed analysis of measurement results on the PC.
The software is easy to operate, so that even less experienced users can achieve excellent measuring results.
The PROFIBUS-Tester V4 delivers highly reliable results that make it easy to identify, locate and correct fieldbus problems. It is the first test tool that can clearly distinguish whether a problem relates to a physical fault or defect, e.g. at cables or connectors, or to a communication problem with the PLC or bus devices.
For long-term tests PROFIBUS-Tester V4 can remain stand-alone at the measuring location without PC. The tool reliably detects and analyses even transient faults that occur only sporadically.
The PROFIBUS-Tester V4 also helps to save commissioning time. In addition, regular preventive tests ensure continuous reliable operation and increase plant availability. However, if problem occurs, PROFIBUS-Tester V4 will locate the reason quickly and reliably. Unplanned system downtimes will be minimized.
Scope of delivery
- PROFIBUS-Tester V4
- Wide-range power supply for Europe and USA
- Connecting cable for direct power supply (24 VDC)
- D-sub PROFIBUS adapter cable
- USB cable
- Terminal block for trigger input/output
- PC-software "PROFIBUS-Diagnostics Suite"(CD-ROM)
- "Getting started" guide
- User manual
- Practical aluminum case
- Adapterset M12 - connection technology connecting field devices with M12-connectors, incl. terminating resistor (Art.-No. APT4050E)
- Mobile power supply external accu- and power supply kit, incl. 24 VDC/1.5 Ah accu with battery charger (230 VAC) and carrying case (Art.-No. APT4060E)
- Digital leakage current clamp localisation of improper shield currents resulting from earthing, equipotential bonding or EMC problems. 40 .. 1.000 Hz, MIN/MAX, DATA HOLD, ever-ready case, measuring cables / fits in empty compartment of aluminum case (Art.-No. APT4070E)
- D-Sub - service adapter PROFIBUS-DP service interface with active bus termination and 90° connector for PROFIBUS DP (Art.-No. APT4080E)
- M12 - service adapter PROFIBUS-DP consisting of M12 T-connector, sealing cap and M12 connection cable 1 m (Art.-No. APT4090E)